HEADING FOR THE FAR-WEST
Let’s now head to the USA, in Denver, capital of Colorado. An urban oasis between the Rocky Mountains and the Great Plains, the “Queen City of the Plains” is also a cultural and commercial hub for the whole Rocky Mountain region. This city has a great cultural reputation with its museum, galleries, bars, restaurants and nightclubs. At 1600m in altitude, it’s the perfect starting point for a visit of Colorado State. Ready for the Adventure?
We are organizing a FISE World Series stop for the first time in North America, and you can be sure to find a pretty full program with some Skateboarding, BMX flat and BMX Freestyle Park on an exceptional and famous site in the Denver Performing Arts Complex : the Sculpture Park.
LIL' FOCUS ON THE CITY
Denver is the capital of Colorado. A city with a strong urban culture, Denver is also known as the Mile-High City since its official altitude is a mile (1 609 m) above sea level, and located between the Rocky Mountains and the Great Plains.
In terms of distance, almost 7860km separate Denver from Paris.
Once there, everyone pays in American dollars (1€ = 1,12 USD), there is a great variety of foods with Mexican cuisine, good beef meat as well as a lot of cheese ! Colorado is also the first state in brewery in the United States. You can discover the best beers of the spot in the Tivoli Brewing Company, open 7/7, official event sponsor, and only 15 min by walk from the Sculpture Park.
THE FISE WORLD SERIES IN DENVER, WHAT IS IT ABOUT ?
• This is the 3rd FWS stopover.
• From September 3th to 5th, 3 intense days of extreme sports
• Skateboarding, BMX flatland and BMX freestyle Park
• An exceptional site : the Sculpture Park, place is known for « The Dancers» or « dancing aliens », the two 15 meters high statues located in Speer and Champa. The Sculpture Park is an ideal place for the great festivals and open-air parties.
THE GOOD REASONS TO GO
- Land at the strange and mysterious Denver’s airport, a real artistic exhibition with numerous sculptures, paintings etc.
- Stand speechless in front of the Red Rocks amphitheater, 24 km west from the city, the only naturel amphitheater of the country where the greatest have performed ! If we say The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Sting… ?!
- Make a visit to Rockmount Ranch Wear (district of LoDo), the shop that has been dressing all cow-boy movies characters for more than 100 years !
- Chill in the trendy district of LoDo aka « Lower Downtown », « the place to be » in Denver where the local youths gather at night and on the weekends !
- Visit the museum of arts, for the pleasure of all art fans, one of the greatest museums between Chicago and the West Coast.
- Get away in the Rocky Mountains national park, for all the nature lovers into hiking, climbing, rafting, fishing or just relaxing !
- Go to the Tivoli Brewing House, the oldest one of the Colorado, located on the Metropolitan State University campus in Denver.
- Enjoy the automatic bicycle service in town, B-Cycle, with close to 700 bikes available all around the 82 stations, perfect to discover Denver riding a bike !
- Try out the wide variety of outdoor sports that the city offers : Skateboard, Ski, Snowboard, MTB, Canoë, Paddle, Hiking..
AND NOW WE ARE BOARDING !
By plane :
Depends from where you come, check out the list of all the company airlines going to Denver Airport : Aeromexico, Airfrance, Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Boutique Air, British Airways, Delta Air Lines, Denver Air Connection, Frontier Airlines, Great Lakes Airlines, Iberia, Icelandair, JetBlue Airways, Lufthansa, Southwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines, Sun Country Airlines, United Airlines, Virgin America, Volaris
Once at the airport, you can reach the city centre by train ! So easy, find more information here : More info
OUR BEST SPOTS
- You need a place to sleep ?
Here is HYATT Place and HYATT House, the OFFICIAL HOST HOTEL !
The Official Host Hotel is located in the heart of Denver‘s downtown. It is divided in 2 buildings located at the same place : the Hyatt House Denver et the Hyatt Place Denver. Both have free wifi, free breakfast, dinner 24h/24, a bar, a free fitness room.
Hyatt Place and Hyatt House Denver Downtown are pleased to offer the general public attending the FISE event a 15% Discount on Best Available Rate.
Hyatt Place Denver/Downtown and Hyatt House Denver/Downtown, a new dual-hotel project, combines two distinct brands under one roof: Hyatt Place, offering 24/7 conveniences for the business + social goer; and Hyatt House, a residentially-inspired, extended stay experience. The pairing of these two urban hotels both cater to the modern traveler with seamless connectivity; 24/7 dining; thoughtful service; a regionalized lobby design including handcrafted artwork, recycled beetle kill wood accents; and creative, locally-inspired products that provide guests with a sense of exploration + place. The bustling location is within two blocks of the Colorado Convention Center, the Denver Pavilions shopping, entertainment , 16th street FREE MallRide and within a mile of Downtown Denver’s Sculpture Park, the host site; for the FISE competition.
If you want to book, call this number >> 1 (888) 591-1234 or click on the links below
You will have 15% discount on the base price, using the following info, for all the bookings made between the August 27th and September 7th.
Group Name: FISE Partnership
Group Code: 87275
- You are looking for a place to eat ?
Check out our list of cool restaurants :
Acorn : Contenporary American food
Gozo : Italian food
Avanti F&B : a place where you can find 7 restaurants
Würstkuche : An European and Exotic restaurant
Blue pan : Authentic pizzas
- You feel like having a drink ?
Go to the Tivoli Brewing House, the oldest one of the Colorado, located on the Metropolitan State University campus just 15 min by walk away from the Sculpture Park.
The Tivoli Brewing Company began its journey in 1859 selling beer to thirsty miners and early Denver settlers. Growing to eventually become the largest brewery west of the Missouri River, at the time providing a complete line of beers to not only Coloradoans, but the entire Western United States.
You have even have a snack there, perfect combinaison to hang out with your friends. This is why Tivoli is the official event sponsor !
- You want to party ?
From the Larimer Square super chic lounges to the crazy dance floors of the South of Colfax Nightlife district, the city dubbed « The Mile High City » offers us so many places where we can spend our nights. So bring your best outfits, motivate your friends and come to explore Denver’s nightlife !
If you’re ready to come for extreme sports contests on the other side of the world, why don’t you take the chance to also check out the numerous festivals happening all around Denver.
- The « Riot Fest », a huge electro festival, takes place from september 2 to 4 at the National Western Complex. Specially for that occasion, there will be a shuttle from the FISE Park to the Riot Fest.
- The Taste of Colorado from september 2 to 5, is a concept of its own, mixing foodtrucks and music : more info
- The numerous choices of concerts of all styles at the Red Rocks Amphitheater during the entire summer : more info
- The best of the bests :
16th street mall - This is a pedestrian mall two blocks away from the venue. It offers extensive shopping as well as food and drink options.
Union Station - This is the new hub of downtown Denver. Lots of quality restaurants as well as the train station for the airport and Denver Light Rail.
South Broadway - This is the hip younger neighborhood in Denver. It starts about 2 km from the venue. This area features bars, clubs, live music, shopping and a lot of festivals.
RiNo Art District - A neighborhood just north of downtown that is full of galleries, shopping, food, beer, live music and more.
Cherry Creek Shopping District - This is the High End shopping area for Denver. Prada, Hermes, Tiffany's etc. Also has a lot of restaurants and bars.
OUR LIL' TIPS
- Don’t forget the ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) :
All travellers beneficiary of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) need to obtain an electronic travel authorization before travelling to the USA with an airline or maritime company. So don’t forget to complete this formality before taking off !
- Use the electric cars Car2go, it costs $0.41 a minut to go around as you wish !
- Don’t try to avoid tips, here it’s part of the culture ! You could be in the restaurant, in a bar, at the hairdresser or in the taxi, you need to leave a little bit of change to be in tune with the local way and break our reputation of stingy Frenchies… So come on, a little effort please !
- Bring your first aid kit because in the USA, it’s not cheap to get yourself treated ! Yes we think about your wallet too…
Denver Light Rail - The trains will get you to most suburban city areas and most importantly to and from the DIA Airport
Free downtown buses - The buses on 16th street all are free and will get you back and forth through downtown very easily
B Cycle - This is our bike rental system. It is inexpensive and good for getting around with a lot of rental pick and drop off locations.
For the first time, FISE World Series lands in Denver from the 3th to the 5th of September, during the labor day. At this occasion, we are looking for motivated and passionated persons to be volunteers in order to help us during the event.
Here you can subscribe to become volunteer : subscription
Subscriptions are on !
Please subcribe here
3D PLAN BMX PARK